I provide advisory services on strategy, branding, strategic marketing. I bring together tried and tested teams, as required, to provide prototyping, manufacturing scale up, or capital raising.
My focus is on development of strategy, and my methodology involves identifying the optimum leverage point to achieve success. Often it is a time consuming activity, because any great project requires planning, and most of the people who are tasked with the job who come from the inside of an organization are too imbued with the culture of their own organization to recognize that the organization itself can be blindsided by its legacy management preconceptions. I try to understand the factors that are missed by managers.
Current And Recent Projects
ARC Centre Of Excellence For Electromaterials Science (ACES) 2009 – present
- I am currently the Entrepreneur In Residence at ACES. In this role I have been advising on spin out company formation and have been mentoring the entrepreneurial young PhD graduates who are inventing the synthetic materials that will be at the heart of the next generation of manufacturing – 3D Printing. This follows on from being the Director of Strategic Development at ACES for 2 years.
- For the last 18 months I have been running a series of conferences called AdBioFab. These conferences focus on the field of additive manufacturing technologies.
- In 2011 and 2o12 I developed the strategy, business plan, branding and initial business model that led to the first technology spin out taking place at University of Wollongong for over 12 years. It is in the field of inexpensive hydrogen production and has received funding from a US based VC.
- At the end of 2012 I ran a workshop with the management team of The Dragons to identify some of the gaps in customer insights within the management team with a view to developing a research project that will help build an integrated research and marketing program to build customer loyalty and brand value.
- Currently project managing a chemical synthesis project for a client that is being undertaken by a research chemist and engineer at University of South Australia under contract.
- I am a co-founder of a start up that is developing wearable bionic devices that provide users with biofeedback in order to aid potential recipients of total knee replacements.